Getting to know me



Every day when I woke up, I always looked in the mirror and then thought to myself “Who is the girl I see staring straight back at me?” well, that’s basically my reflection. But then you can’t refrain yourself from asking who you really are. Now, I’m asking a little about your time to read this and find out more about me and myself…


Life started on the day I was born, November 3, 1999. My mama always told me that even when I was still a baby, they already assumed that I am really a stubborn girl. A stubborn “Princess” as what they call me. My nickname’s Cute-cute because my parents believed that I’m a cute little girl back when I was a child. My parents, Judith and Teodoro Reformina once told me that they waited for me, for a girl to happen. Then after many miscarriages, I exist. They named me after the great Princess Diana of Buckingham Palace, though I don’t have Diana on my first name because my mama’s afraid that we both might have the same fate. My mama’s really thinking outside the box. I’m the only daughter in a family of five and the youngest of the three siblings. I have cool brothers namely: Lester Kevin and Jesstonie. We’re not a royal family. We’re not financially stable. We don’t have palace. We don’t have cars. We don’t have nice shoes and clothes. I don’t even have a crown. But my family treated me like what a real Princess should be treated. A Princess who’s provided with everything she needs with their full support. And that’s more than enough for me.

My mama came from Davao City while my papa came from Bohol. But they decided to live in Nabunturan, Compostela Valley for they found their jobs there. I had an awesome childhood experience unlike any other child who’s deprived to go outside their houses. I think I experienced every “laro ng lahi” as what they call it. Chinese garter, tumbang preso, shatong, tagu-taguan, name it, I played all of it. Those where the most unforgettable moment on my childhood that’s still printed on my mind. Those were the YOLO days of my life. The days that all I have to do is to wake up every day and play until I’m tired and sleep soundly.

That was then…

But now? Gone were the days when I’m even scolded for not sleeping on the afternoon. Gone were those days when I’m even scolded for staining my shirt. Gone were the days when I don’t have to worry about my assignments because I know my two brothers will help me. Gone were those days when I don’t have to carry my bag just to get home from school for I know that my brother will pick me up. Gone were the days when I don’t have to worry for my meals because my mother will cook for me. Gone were those childhood days that I don’t have to cry for a failing grade. Gone were all those days. Everything I experienced now is way different back then. Still, I’m thankful for everything that’s happening to my life because I met my best friends whom I can turn into when nobody was there.

At the age of 12, my brothers were sent to manila to finish their studies. I was the only one left to my parents. That’s the time I started to feel how sad it is to be away from your love ones. Though we have communication, but nothing can ever beat that feeling whenever you’re happy and complete. Many Christmas had passed and still no “kuyas” was there to celebrate it with us. From that, I learned that your family is not always there for you at all times because you need to consider some things. And that’s when I decided to study away from my parents on my 11th grade. It was never easy at first. Until I learn to be independent and stand on my own.

I lived with my sisters from the other side—my best friends. They were the one who made my senior high school days exceptional. I still remember those days when we woke up at 7am in the morning and we had a 7am class, the result? Of course late. We sleep so late at night and wake up also late in the morning. We spent our time together. Some even say we’re all siblings. I have 4 best friends namely: Felicity, Rose, Claire, Krizza Mae. They were the one who’s always there through the ups and downs of my life. They witnessed the first cry of a broken-hearted woman. They were the one who knows every little thing about me from bottom to top.  Never did I ever imagine that I will get used to that life till I graduate senior High School. 

As much as I wanted to sleep and play all day and night, I can’t. Things have changed. It’s college life. The stepping stone to yet another journey of my life. This is where my final chapter begins. I can no longer do what a child can do because I’m at the right age. I can no longer laugh at my low scores in quizzes and exams for it felt like a big mistake. Even sleeping at night without even studying is a big mistake especially now that I’m enrolled in an academically-inclined university—University of Mindanao.

Being away with your family felt like a half part of your body is missing. It’s way different in high school that when I wanted to go home I can, I will just have to wait until weekend. Bukidnon is kilometers away from my hometown. I cannot just go home and be back again. I cannot just tell my mama to come for me and bring food. I cannot just call my papa to help me cook. To be honest, I’m stressed. That whenever my parents will call me and talk to me, I have to cry because I’m not used to college life. They always told me, “Sige lang cute, asa ragud ng kahago nimo kung makagraduate.” And I hold on to that. I hold on to the thought that I will graduate. That I can do it. And then I can be with my family ever again. I know these things I experienced now is just a challenge for me of how brave can I be. Until when will I stop? Even if I’m tired, I won’t stop until I’m done. And these things I will do, are for me and my family.

Comments

  1. This is really you talking. I love you bestfriend❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go for your goal.. Always think that there's no easy way to be successful.Please take note that there's no such thing as failure if you're learning.

    Fighting(^-^)..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So real, i am happy that u are happy now in your studies and ur new environment. You are a genuine friend. I miss you 😍😘

      Delete

Post a Comment